Make your own designer quality outfit with our mini workshop series. From a simple blouse to a worker wear shirt and robust trousers, you'll finish with 3 beautiful garments and a huge range of new skills and good sewing habits.
We really think it's helpful to invest in your learning process through learning and workshops. It will reduce the amount of time you spend on trial and error, it will give you better habits on how to handle your garments and tools and it will teach you how to achieve designer quality finishes for long lasting clothes.
This mini series is an achievable commitment to your future wardrobe that will pay off for as long as you're sewing clothes.
Level: Suitable for anyone from a total beginner to intermediate sewer
Format: 3 of our pre-recorded tutorials - Frida Shirt, Over Shirt & Worker Trousers totalling 6 hours and 30 minutes of teaching. You can watch the workshops in your own time as many times as you want.
Sizes: UK Sizes 6 - 28 (with PDF Layers)
What you'll learn:
This workshop will take beginner and intermediate sewers through the process of creating their own mini capsule wardrobe from start to finish.
The key to long lasting garments is a high quality of make and this workshop series will give you in depth and detailed guidance for a professional finish. You'll learn a huge array of construction techniques and each step will be explained thoroughly with no stone left unturned.
What will be covered?
Concealed button stand fly
Waistband and belt loops
Pockets with facings and french seam finishing
Run & Fell seams
Classic collar and collar stand construction
Cuff with a placket opening
Sandwiching a double back yoke
Sewing on buttons
1. Frida Shirt - Starting with this beginners piece you'll get to grips with the basics and will be introduced to detailed sewing techniques at an achievable level. (Available in sizes 6 - 28)
2. Over Shirt - Next, your introduction into shirt making will take things to the next level and you'll be able to sew a full shirt with proper tailoring techniques. It might sound big but it's 100% achievable when broken down into a simple step-by-step guide. (Available in sizes 6 - 28)
3. Worker Trousers - And finally you'll master the Worker Trouser with the concealed button fly, front pockets, binding details and waistband with belt loops. The creme de la creme. (Available in sizes 4 - 28)
Where to find your patterns & workshops:
After purchasing you'll find your PDF pattern download and any workshops in your account page. Simply log in (or create an account using the same email address used to purchase) and click the account button in the top right corner. The most up to date versions of the patterns will always be available from within your account. If any changes are made to the pattern or instructions you’ll receive an email notification.
How to print your pattern:
You have two options for printing out your pattern.
1. You can get it printed in A0 at a printing shop or sewing pattern company. Search for "sewing pattern printing company" to find a company that does this in your region.
2. Or you can print it yourself on a home printer in A4 or US Letter format and then tile the pages together using tape.
Using PDF layers:
All of our patterns come with PDF layers so you can select the sizes you want to view and print. To do this you’ll need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (this is free to download).
More details on printing, using PDF layers and general preparation tips can be found on the ‘Using Our Patterns’ document (download for free here). This document comes with all of our patterns.
Women's Body Measurements
Bust / Waist / Hip (based on standard UK measurements) - Measurements in cms