Here at the Modern Sewing Co. shirt making is one of our favourite activities. It requires precision, patience, an eye for detail and it gives so many opportunities for creative flare. It's a highly satisfying art form once you've got the knack and one that pays dividends for your wardrobe.
For this bundle we've combined all 3 of our shirt patterns with a workshop to give you the tools and skills to create your own mini shirt range.
This series includes:
3 x PDF Patterns: Over Shirt, Unisex Shirt & Classic Shirt
1 x Pre-recorded Tutorial:Over Shirt Workshop - 2 hours 13 minutes. You can watch the workshop in your own time as many times as you want.
Level: Intermediates and ambitious beginners
Sizes: Over Shirt - UK Sizes 6-28 | Unisex Shirt - Sizes XS2-XL3 | Classic Shirt - UK Sizes 4-28 (all with PDF Layers)
We recommend completing the series in the following order:
1. Over Shirt Workshop (pre-recorded tutorial)
2. Unisex Shirt (PDF instructions). This is an identical making process to the Over Shirt.
3. Classic Shirt (PDF instructions). This making process is slightly different as it features a curved hem and french seams however the main principles of shirt making remain the same.
Over Shirt Workshop:
The workshop will take you through at a steady pace and included built in chapters to break down the project into bitesize stages. You will learn how to sew with precision, using run & fell seams, sewing complicated plackets & cuff openings, classic collar construction and plenty of detailed top stitching.
After purchasing you'll find your PDF pattern download and any workshops in your account page. Simply log in (or create an account using the same email address used to purchase) and click the account button in the top right corner. The most up to date versions of the patterns will always be available from within your account. If any changes are made to the pattern or instructions you’ll receive an email notification.
How to print your pattern:
You have two options for printing out your pattern.
1. You can get it printed in A0 at a printing shop or sewing pattern company. Search for "sewing pattern printing company" to find a company that does this in your region.
2. Or you can print it yourself on a home printer in A4 or US Letter format and then tile the pages together using tape.
Using PDF layers:
All of our patterns come with PDF layers so you can select the sizes you want to view and print. To do this you’ll need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (this is free to download).
More details on printing, using PDF layers and general preparation tips can be found on the ‘Using Our Patterns’ document (download for free here). This document comes with all of our patterns.
Women's Body Measurements
Bust / Waist / Hip (based on standard UK measurements) - Measurements in cms