What you'll learn:
This workshop will take beginner and intermediate sewers through the process of creating their own mini capsule wardrobe from start to finish.
The key to long lasting garments is a high quality of make and this workshop series will give you in depth and detailed guidance for a professional finish. You'll learn a huge array of construction techniques and each step will be explained thoroughly with no stone left unturned.
What will be covered?
- Concealed button stand fly
- Binding details
- Waistband and belt loops
- Pockets with facings and french seam finishing
- Run & Fell seams
- Patch pockets
- Classic collar and collar stand construction
- Cuff with a placket opening
- Sandwiching a double back yoke
- Topstitching details
- Sewing on buttons
- Button holes
1. Frida Shirt - Starting with this beginners piece you'll get to grips with the basics and will be introduced to detailed sewing techniques at an achievable level. (Available in sizes 6 - 28)
2. Over Shirt - Next, your introduction into shirt making will take things to the next level and you'll be able to sew a full shirt with proper tailoring techniques. It might sound big but it's 100% achievable when broken down into a simple step-by-step guide. (Available in sizes 6 - 28)
3. Worker Trousers - And finally you'll master the Worker Trouser with the concealed button fly, front pockets, binding details and waistband with belt loops. The creme de la creme. (Available in sizes 4 - 28)