Modern Sewing Co. is a small Hackney based business which provides high quality PDF patterns and online workshops to home sewers all over the world. Our brand ethos is that anyone can sew beautiful, high quality clothing from their own home.
We are looking for a talented pattern cutter and seamstress to work with on developing our range of PDF Patterns and bringing more beautiful designs to the home sewing world.
Your role will be to manage the development of new patterns. This will include:
- Drafting patterns from sketches
- Making toiles & attending fittings
- finishing patterns to a high standard with attention to detail
- Sampling garments to a professional standard
- Writing clear and concise sewing instructions for customers to follow
- Taking photos or sketching of each section in the making process to match with the written instructions
- Creating sizing charts for digital grading
- working on developing interesting construction techniques and pattern details to help our patterns stand out
- amending or improving patterns after release if needed
We are looking to work with someone who has a thorough knowledge of garment construction, who loves making clothes and would enjoy being part of a very small team. Modern Sewing Co. is just 2 years old but it has a quickly growing and highly engaged following and we're excited to see where we can take the business. To read more about our brand ethos please check out our blog.
This will be a part-time role which will be roughly 2 days a week. Working days and hours are relatively flexible and you can work from our studio or from your own space occasionally if it suits you. To ensure both parties have a good professional match we would like to do 1 week period trial period (fully paid). The job will be on a freelance basis initially - please let us know your date rate on application.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Hetty at firstname.lastname@example.org