The Beginner Series is a great option for total beginners looking to dive into sewing and build solid skills from the get go. The collection of garments are not only the easiest ones in our range but they're the ones that offer the most guidance with the supporting online tutorials.
This series includes:
5 x PDF Patterns: Cara Top, Frida Shirt, Rib Sweater, Daphne Trousers & Sunday Trackies
3 x Online Workshops:Cara Top Workshop, Frida Shirt Workshop & Daphne Trouser Workshop totalling 4 hours of teaching. You can watch the workshops in your own time as many times as you want.
Level: Suitable for anyone from a total beginner to intermediate sewer
Sizes: UK Sizes 6 - 28 (with PDF Layers)
We recommend completing the series in the following order:
1. Cara Top - Starting with this beginners piece you'll get to grips with the basics and will be introduced to detailed sewing techniques at an achievable level. (Available in sizes 4 -28)
2. Frida Shirt - Next we'll build things up to introduce more making elements to a paired back blouse with sleeves. (Available in sizes 6 -28)
3. Daphne Trousers - Moving on to trousers, you'll learn how to sew a zip fly with additional binding detailing to give a high quality finish. Fiddly but very satisfying. (Available in sizes 4 -28)
Where to find your patterns & workshops:
After purchasing you'll find your PDF pattern download and any workshops in your account page. Simply log in (or create an account using the same email address used to purchase) and click the account button in the top right corner. The most up to date versions of the patterns will always be available from within your account. If any changes are made to the pattern or instructions you’ll receive an email notification.
How to print your pattern:
You have two options for printing out your pattern.
1. You can get it printed in A0 at a printing shop or sewing pattern company. Search for "sewing pattern printing company" to find a company that does this in your region.
2. Or you can print it yourself on a home printer in A4 or US Letter format and then tile the pages together using tape.
Using PDF layers:
All of our patterns come with PDF layers so you can select the sizes you want to view and print. To do this you’ll need a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (this is free to download).
More details on printing, using PDF layers and general preparation tips can be found on the ‘Using Our Patterns’ document (download for free here). This document comes with all of our patterns.
Women's Body Measurements
Bust / Waist / Hip (based on standard UK measurements) - Measurements in cms